Monday, December 01, 2008

AN IDEA GREATER THAN LIFE

A boy of eighteen walked on the road

Making pictures and losing sense

Enraged and at peace, Confused and Resolved

Searching for that image, where the journey ends



Do I need a purpose for living this life

Or Is the purposelessness the purpose of life

Sketching The illusions of a dreamer

Destroying the illusions as a survivor



The sage on the road asked a question

“Do you believe in an idea greater than life?

You Live and you die, breathe the air, love and lie

Have you given the thought to that unfair sky?”



“Where is such an idea Oh Revered one?”

“Read the Scriptures my Lost Son

There are sacrifices at the altar of ideas

Blood drawn and blood spent for an idea to live



Wield a gun and protect that idea

A way of life for sanity of heaven

Ignorant cynics need a lesson

An image of victory for journey at end”



“Look above oh disillusioned Sage

A dove has a branch of olive in its beak

God made colors and air to breathe

Sanity of heaven is here on this earth



I may be lost and maybe nowhere to go

But I know the gun with hatred is blind as an owl

I will walk on and shout at the end

There is no greater idea than just life and soul”

1 comment:

Shantanu Dhankar said...

Hmmmm.... I would say an idea of such profoundness needs more time and thought. Somehow I feel that all the aspects of an idea or life as an idea are not covered... I would have preferred a more lengthy conversation between the sage and the boy