Monday, June 23, 2008

THERE IS SOMETHING IN THIS PLACE

There is something in this place that makes me stay

The way the cloud streaks the sky grey

The dogs run in each other’s fray

The flower offers dew drops, a place to stay

The lazy droop of that climate on your face

The Lady on the drenched bill board presents her case

The paper boats in the gutters trying to win the race

The dream and the reality in a passionate embrace

The streaks on the bus window trapping the worlds fancy

The reflections and colors in that myopic fantasy

The richness of the brown on the field of Pansy

Green and its truth ends this story so classy

Moments stop and world ends in that hill top fog

I stand and you stand on that last rock

You look forward to fly in that endless space

I stand there and wish this was end of race

4 comments:

k@ps said...

While reading this poem I could really see the place you are talking about. I always see great explanations of the things in all your creations, which make reader see through your eyes. This is like a painting someone would just keep watching. Indeed great one.

Unknown said...

Tell me something very honestky...did you write this poem with the thoughts which were wondering in your mind or you had a big dictionary opened in front of you and you were trying to find the rhyming words... :)

There were so many new words which puzzled me and took a while to digest those... :)

Any way...it was a good one.

Shantanu Dhankar said...

So I finally got around writing a comment on this piece ...First of all congratulations on writing on a different topic, Its always a good sign....the composition is nice, I hope some of the imagination is genuine, if yes, then it is really good to see that. I do see a little irregularity in the structure though, it speaks a lot about the rain and its impact but then somewhere it just ends with two different perspectives (where she wishes to fly and you want it to be the end of race)

Aravind Ganesan said...

@Kapil: Dude If you could see the place that is a great compliment for me. Thanks a lot.
@Koushik: This is a partial truth and partially derieved imagination from a single bus ride that I had from my home to office on a rainy day.
@Shantanu: Struture was not a concern while writing this poem. I guess this poem was just to let go. Did it give you only two perspectives? I wish it could give you many more.;-)